RSS
The point of this blog is to chronicle every movie I will watch in 2010. These are not professional reviews, more like recaps. Just curious where my movie taste goes (and how much time I spend watching them) this year.

Blog Update


To my small handful of followers over here -- thank you.

Thanks for reading my thoughts on these random movies. But this is very important... I want your thoughts as well. It's pretty obvious I love discussing music, but I love discussing movies as well. So please chime in on what you thought of the particular movie or what you thought of what I said. Throw out some suggestions. I plan on getting the most of my Netflix account.

But sadly, sideblogs are rough to keep a hold of. At first, I was behind by about three movies. Now, it's a pretty big list. I keep pushing them off because I wanted to catch up and then start blogging as I watched the movies. This blog got the best of me, but it will not win!

What I'm going to do is, starting now, I will start putting posts on movies as soon as I see them. And just in between, every couple of days, put my thoughts on the movies I have seen this year.

So thanks for sticking around. This is my promise that this blog is going to pick back up. This weekend I have Planet 51 and Office Space (a suggestion) coming in. And just to tease, here are the movies I've seen this year but have yet to talk about:

Book of Eli
Alice in Wonderland
She's Out of My League
GI Joe
Zombieland
Fired Up!
(500) Days of Summer
Law Abiding Citizen
Ready to Rumble
Away We Go
Up In The Air
Into The Wild
Empire Records
Gamer
The Hulk
Invention of Lying

Stay tuned...

7 comments:

Lisa said...

You better keep posting! I love movies and I love movie reviews even more. I know what you mean about the second blog thing though-- I had to quit my photo blog...but maybe that's because I was posting every.single.day.

I have seen a lot of movies on that list so I'm curious about your opinions on some of them! :)

Sara Strand said...

Empire Records is great. I have yet to see (500) Days of Summer. I just watched Clerks- LOVE that movie. Yes---you MUST watch Office Space. ;O (it's my "o" face!! haha!! which you'll get when you watch that) I'm excited to see this up and going because I'm a movie reject and never get to go. Except now which seems like I'm on a peak. So I'm going to rely on you to tell me what sux and what doesn't. :)

Jeanette said...

Wait wait wait... YOU HAVENT SEEN OFFICE SPACE!?!?!? She's out of my League, I love Jay Baruchel... he could have just stood there for 2 hours and I would have loved it. haha

Jaime Hungry said...

You should watch every single movie ever made with Johnny Depp in it, and see if he's ever made a bad movie. And maybe blog about it. I thought about doing that but then I remembered I hate watching movies.

Cassie said...

I just had a random idea. What if you started a meme, like "Movie Review Mondays" or something. And every monday you review a movie, but then also encourage your readers to review one and link up on your post? Just a thought!

Mr O said...

@Lisa:
Yea, a post every day get could a little hard. But I respect the effort. And please, when I post my thoughts, give yours as well.

@Sara:
I hope this is worth the hype, haha. Empire Records was cool but how have you not seen 500DoS? It's classic man, in my top 3.

@jeanette:
Here's the thing: tried to once but the cable messed up. Tried to watch in comedy central but the censorship killed me. Third time's a charm!

@Jaime:
I'm not gonna lie, that may be the best idea ever. Except I know the answer -- no bad movie ever. But I have a bunch of his sitting around that I haven't seen (Benny & Joon, The Astronaut's Wife, Ninth Gate). I will have to get on this.

@Cassie:
I would have to work out the kinks but it would be cool to start a meme. I've always put a lot of pressure on myself about those things haha

Nathan Lurz said...

I just want to say: freaking awesome idea for a blog. I wish I did this, but as we're already 3 months in (nearly 4, I feel as if it would be silly to do a 2010 movie thing. Still though....damn it! Now I've been tempted.

Post a Comment

What did you think?

 
Copyright 2009 Mr O At The Movies. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy