RSS
The point of this blog is to chronicle every movie I will watch in 2010. These are not professional reviews, more like recaps. Just curious where my movie taste goes (and how much time I spend watching them) this year.

Terminator Salvation



How It Was Viewed: Netflix by mail

Year of Release: 2009

Previously Seen?: No

Rating: 3 Stars

This was the first movie I received in the mail after signing up for Netflix for the third time. First time was back in my freshman year of college and I felt they took too long, so I canceled. Then, Netflix debuted on Xbox Live and I tried it out because of the streaming capability but lost interest because there wasn't much offered, though I did take a chance on a little show called The Office and have been in love ever since. But after watching the first three seasons of Heroes over the Christmas break over my sister's Netflix account, I became hooked. Add on the fact that I can receive blu rays in the mail, and I am in movie nerd heaven.

I took up an entire paragraph talking about Netflix because honestly there isn't much to say about this movie. If you asked me now, I couldn't tell you what the story was about. I was honestly confused -- was it a prequel? A sequel? A combination? Though with movies like this, the story doesn't really matter, you just want to see stuff get blown up. And that's what you got with this movie.

Movies like this are examples of what blu ray can bring to the table. I didn't care that I didn't really get the story -- it looked amazing. It also sounded amazing, but I need to upgrade my speaker system before I can comment on that, haha.

The actors all played their part, though I don't know all the names. I knew Christian Bale, who I won't go see a movie just because he is in it, but he doesn't take anything away. The other main guy I now know by name, Sam Worthington, because of Avatar. Then, the kid from Alpha Dog and Star Trek was in there (name is escaping me) and we got an appearance from Common where he didn't die, so that was great.

Final Verdict: I think you have to be a fan of the Terminator franchise to really like this movie. I think you have to be a fan of Sci-Fi to just like this movie. But it's not terrible, so if someone suggests to watch it, you could do worse.


4 comments:

Lisa said...

To be honest, I don't really watch Sci-Fi films, so even if you gave this movie 5 stars I probably wouldn't be inclined to watch it...but I still enjoy the review! :)

As a side note, I have never tried Netflix. Once I move I think I will definitely sign up for it-- seems like a really good deal, especially if you love watching tons of movies (which I do!).

Laura said...

Sam Worthington is mouthwatering to me. That deep Aussie accent gets me. The movie was so-so. When I saw it, i was in the mood for things to blow up and since i wasn't expecting much, I got what I wanted. And did I mention how much of a thing I have for Sam Worthington? Yummy.

Mr O said...

@Lisa:
if you love tons of movies, i think you will love Netflix. And thanks for still enjoying the reviews, I think some I have coming up will be up your alley

@My Loveliest Lola:
You are the first person I have seen have a crush on Worthington and for some reason -- I'm not surprised haha

Sara Strand said...

Am I the only person in the world that thought the Terminator franchise sucks? Past and present? Yes? Ok, stepping OFF the soapbox now..

Post a Comment

What did you think?

 
Copyright 2009 Mr O At The Movies. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy