
How It Was Viewed: Netflix by mail
Year of Release: 2003
Previously Seen?: No
Rating: 4 Stars
Ah, the beauty of Netflix.
"Monster" was the kind of movie that I had always heard about, but never had seen. In fact Frisco, my roommate who rarely speaks out about anything, had mentioned that this was one of his favorite movies. So when I signed up for Netflix, I put this at the top of my queue as a movie to watch.
We got it on a weekend and Frisco was interested to see it again and that's how I would summarize the movie: interesting. I will always refer to The Soloist as a work where two great actors went out there and gave everyone a lesson in acting. But Charlize Theron really turned my head in this movie. Especially because of how she could go from someone so beautiful to someone so dirty, as displayed in the following picture:

The movie also starred Christina Ricci, who I think looks like my best friend but it may just be my opinion. Ricci I have come to respect and playing a lesbian in this movie was a role I did not expect, but one she played very well.
But what made this movie for Frisco, and for myself as well, was the soundtrack. It was done by the artist BT, who has produced some memorable music over the years. I am actually listening to one of the songs as I type this and it's making me want to listen to more.
Final verdict: If you've already seen this movie, then you know it was pretty good. If you haven't, I wouldn't say to go out and rent it right now, but if you ever catch it on HBO or Showtime or one of those channels, give it a try.







4 comments:
Theron is an amazing actor... wait until she is on season 3 of Arrested, AMAZING!
I completely forgot about this movie. I wanted to watch it after she won the Oscar, but I never got around to doing it. I love watching serial killer movies-- I promise I'm not crazy! :) It's from 2003?! Time flies by so fast. Charlize Theron is an amazing actress-- and so gorgeous!
I've always wanted to see this, I just never did. Mostly because I was freaked out at how Charlize Theron looks in the movie.
@jeanette:
I'm slowly making my way through season 2. I liked her in Hancock as well so I'm sure I'm in for a treat
@Lisa:
I don't think you're crazy, everybody has got to have a favorite genre, haha. I haven't seen Natural Born Killers, I have no idea if it's in the same league, but I hear it's a great movie
@j:
Like I said, I wouldn't go out and get it, but if someone ever recommends it, go for it. But I did just keep shaking my head the whole time at how different she looked
Post a Comment
What did you think?