RSS
The point of this blog is to chronicle every movie I will watch in 2010. These are not professional reviews, more like recaps. Just curious where my movie taste goes (and how much time I spend watching them) this year.

Wedding Daze



How It Was Viewed: Netflix via streaming

Year of Release: 2007

Previously Seen?: No

Rating: 4 Stars


So one night I was bored.

When this happened, I got the idea of watching some of those movies that had been sitting on my instant queue. One of those movies I had seen a few previews for a while back and thought it looked at least interesting. "Wedding Daze" had Jason Biggs of American Pie fame and Isla Fisher who first found her way into my heart in Wedding Crashers. I expected a cheesy, run of the mill romantic comedy that was at least worth a few laughs.

What I got was a hilarious romantic comedy that surprised me with how great it was. Let's get this straight; a movie like this is never going to win movie of the year. But it did it's job. It was sweet, funny and while you didn't see anything new, everyone involved made sure you had a good time.

I expected to get annoyed with Biggs, but I didn't. I expected Fisher to just be eye candy, but she wasn't. There were some American Pie-type gags, but it worked. I'm not kidding when I tell you there were a few times when I was laughing... hard.

So in the end, I wouldn't tell you to run out and get this movie right away. But I will say that if it's in your local red box or you have Netflix streaming go ahead and add it. It's a fun little comedy that is like a hidden gem in it's genre. I mean, I don't just pass around four stars like it's nothing.

5 comments:

Sara Strand said...

Cute- I love me some Isla Fisher. I would just stare at her if it wouldn't be weird for me to be staring at a chick for no reason other than she's hot. This looks good and I love anything funny.

Cassie said...

I rented this but never watched it b/c I didn't think it would be that good. Now I might have to go rent it again!

Lisa said...

I never even heard of this movie before. Jason Biggs will always be Jim Levenstein in my mind..I don't think he can ever escape that character. hahah.

Mr O said...

@Sara:
She might be the only reason I would watch a movie about a shopaholic. Still haven't seen it though...

@Cassie:
Give it another try. Like I said, it wasn't great but it was definitely worth the small amount of time I spent on it

@Lisa:
Yea, it didn't get much publicity. And it sucks for people like that, that get stuck in one role. But he was alright in this movie.

RAY J said...

I never heard of this one until I caught it one afternoon on Comedy Central. I looked it up online and the synopsis/info I found totally downplayed Biggs and Fisher and the storyline sounded a lot different than what I was watching, but it was still a cute movie once I got what was going on (I missed the first 30 min or so of it).

Post a Comment

What did you think?

 
Copyright 2009 Mr O At The Movies. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy